May 18, 2012
May 18, 2012
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Gresham-Barlow School District announces administrative changes for next school year
New school principals announced for two elementary schools
The Gresham-Barlow School District today announced a series of administrative changes for the 2012-13 school year.
Powell Valley Elementary School Principal Becky Kadrmas has been selected to be the new principal of Highland Elementary School. Kadrmas has served as principal of Powell Valley Elementary School for three years. Before that, she worked for three years as assistant principal at Gordon Russell Middle School. Prior to joining the administrative ranks, Kadrmas taught math, science, and health at Parkrose Middle School for 15 years. Tatia Morrison is currently serving as interim principal of Highland Elementary School.
Gordon Russell Middle School Assistant Principal Michele Cook will become principal of Powell Valley Elementary School next year. Cook has served as assistant principal at Gordon Russell Middle School for two years. Prior to that she worked as a coach for the district’s Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) program. Cook has 13 years of classroom teaching experience. She has taught physical education and special education at the elementary school level.
Title II Professional Development Coordinator Angie Kautz will become Director of Teaching and Learning. Kautz has served in her current position for four years, during which she focused on supporting teachers and administrators in their work to promote student achievement through effective instructional practices. In addition to overseeing the district’s professional development work, she was also responsible for writing the district’s Title II Professional Development Plans for submission to the Oregon Department of Education. Before joining the administrative ranks, she taught elementary school for thirteen years. As director of teaching and learning, Kautz will continue to provide support in the implementation of effective instructional practices and oversee the district’s instructional coaches.
Several schools in the district will also see a change in assistant principals:
· Assistant Principal Tadd Gestrin from Clear Creek Middle School to assistant principal at West Orient Middle School
· Assistant Principal Lori Bennis from Dexter McCarty Middle School to assistant principal at Clear Creek Middle School
· Amy Nimz, Student Management Specialist/AVID Teacher at Clear Creek Middle School to assistant principal at Dexter McCarty Middle School
· Kim Barker, Student Management Specialist/Science Teacher at Damascus Middle School, to assistant principal at Gordon Russell Middle School
· Cheeri Schacht, assistant principal at Madras Senior High School - Madras, Oregon, to assistant principal at Sam Barlow High School
· Michael Schaefer, assistant principal at Hidden Valley High School - Grants Pass, Oregon, to assistant principal at Sam Barlow High School